GEO TOLBAR MIS VISITANTES DE HOY

29 mar. 2013

FRIDAY, Jesus' passion and death on the Cross.

Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ according to John

Jesus went with his disciples across the Kidron valley. There was a garden in that place and went there with them Judas, who betrayed him, also knew the place, because Jesus and his disciples gathered there frequently. Then Judas, the head of a detachment of soldiers and guards from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and asked:
Whom do you seek?
and said, Jesus of Nazareth.
He said, I am.

Judas, who betrayed him was with them. When Jesus said, I am, they drew back and fell to the ground. He asked again: Whom do you seek?.

I said, Jesus of Nazareth.
Jesus repeated: I told you I am. If they're after me, let these go.

This was to fulfill the word that he had said: << I have not lost any of those you gave me. >> Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, cutting off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. Jesus said to Simon Peter: << sheathe your sword. Shall I not drink the cup which the Father has given me? >>

The detachment of soldiers, the tribune, and the Jewish guards seized Jesus and bound him. They took him to Annas first, for he was father in law of Caiaphas, the high priest that year. It was Caiaphas who had advised the Jews: << It is better that one man die for the people. >>

Meanwhile, Simon Peter, accompanied by another disciple followed Jesus. This disciple was known to the high priest, went with Jesus into the courtyard of the Pontiff, Peter stood outside at the door. The other disciple, who was known to the high priest, went out and spoke to the gatekeeper and brought Peter. The door said to Peter: << not thou also one of this man's disciples? >>

He replied:
<<I am not >>.
Servers and guards were heated by the fire, which had on because it was cold. Peter also was with them, by the fire. The high priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and his teaching. Jesus replied:

<< I spoke openly to the world; always taught in synagogues and in the temple, whither the Jews, and I said nothing in secret. Why do you question me? Ask those who heard me what I taught them. They know what I said. >>

Just Jesus said this, one of the guards who was present slapped him, saying:
So << answer the high priest? >>

Jesus replied:

<< If I have spoken evil, shows what has been, but if I have spoken rightly,
Why did you hit me? >>

Then Annas sent him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

Simon Peter stood by the fire. Those who were with him said:
<< Are not you also one of his disciples? >>
He denied it and said: << I am not. >>
One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman that Peter cut off the ear, insisted: << Did not I see you in the garden with him? >>
Again Peter denied it, and immediately the cock crew.
From the house of Caiaphas took Jesus into the Praetorium. It was early morning. But they did not enter the palace, to avoid contamination and thus be able to participate in the Passover meal. Pilate went where they were and asked:
What accusation << bring against this man? >>
They replied: << If it were not an evildoer, we would have not delivered. >>
Pilate said to them: Take him and judge him << yourselves, by law they have. >>
The Jews said:
<< We are not allowed to kill anyone. >>

This was to fulfill what Jesus had said when he indicated how he would die. Pilate went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked: << Are You the King of the Jews? >>
Jesus replied:
<< Say this for yourself or others tell you about me? >>

Pilate answered: Am I a << Jew? Your compatriots and the chief priests have placed in my hands. What have you done?

Jesus replied:
<< My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, those who are in my service would fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from here. >>

Pilate said: << So you are a king? >>

Jesus replied:
<< You say I am a king. For this I was born and have come into the world to bear witness to the truth. He that is of the truth hears my voice. >>
Pilate asked: << What is the truth? >>

In saying this, he went back to where the Jews and said: << I find in him no reason to condemn him. And since you have the custom to release someone, on the occasion of Easter, you want me to release to you the king of the Jews? >>

hey began to shout, saying:

He << A, Barabbas! >>
Barabbas was a robber.

Then Pilate took Jesus and scourged him. The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head. On Him a purple robe, and stood, and said to him: << Hail, King of the Jews! >> And slapped him.

Pilate went out and said: << Behold, I bring him out to you to know that I find in him no grounds for conviction. >>
Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said: << Here is the man! >>
When the chief priests and the guards saw him, they shouted,

<< Crucify! Crucify him! >>

Pilate said to them, Take him yourselves and crucify <<. I find in him no reason to condemn him. >>

The Jews replied: << We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because He claims to be the Son of God. >>

At these words, Pilate was even more alarmed. He entered into the judgment and asked Jesus: << Where are You? >> But Jesus did not answer anything. Pilate said: << Do not you talk to me? Do not you know that I have power to release and to crucify you? >>
Jesus replied:
<< You would have no authority over me, whether that fact had not received from above. So, who delivered me to you has committed a grave sin. >>

From then on, Pilate tried to release him. But the Jews cried << If you loose, you are no friend of Caesar, he who makes himself a king opposes Caesar. >>
On hearing this, Pilate brought Jesus out and seated him on a dais, the place called The Stoned >> << in Hebrew  <<Gabbatha  >>

It was the day of Preparation of Passover, about noon, Pilate said to the Jews: << Here is your king. >>
They shouted: << Get him! Get him! Crucify him! >>

Pilate said: << I crucify your king? >>
The chief priests answered, We have no king << but Caesar. >>
Pilate handed him over to be crucified, and they took him away.

Jesus carrying the cross on himself, left the city to go to the place called the Skull ,
 << in Hebro <<Golgotha. >>

There they crucified him

and with him two others, one on each side and Jesus in the middle. Pilate wrote an inscription that read: << Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews >>, and placed it on the cross.

Many Jews read this inscription, because the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the inscription was in Hebrew, Latin and Greek. The chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate: << Do not write: "King of the Jews", but, "This said, I am the king of the Jews." >>

Pilate replied: << The written is written. >>

After the soldiers had crucified Jesus, took his garments and divided them into four parts, one for each.

They took the coat, and as he had no seam, because it was made in one piece from top to bottom, they said among themselves, Let us not tear <<. We'll get around it, to see who gets. >>

and Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says: <, They parted my garments and cast lots for my clothes. >> This is what the soldiers did.

Near the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene. When you see the mother and about the disciple whom He loved, Jesus said:

<< Woman, behold your son. >>
Then he said to the disciple:

<< Here is your mother. >>

And from that hour the disciple took her as his.

Then all was knowing that I met, and that the scripture might be fulfilled until the end,

Jesus said: << I have thirst. >>

There was a vessel full of vinegar soaked a sponge in it, put on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth.

After drinking the vinegar,
Jesus said: << It is finished >>

And he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

It was the day of Preparation of Passover. The Jews asked Pilate to break the legs do the crucified and remove their bodies send, not to remain on the cross on the Sabbath, for that Sabbath was a solemn. The soldiers came and broke the legs of the two who were crucified with Jesus. When they got to him, seeing that he was already dead, they did not break his legs, but one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and immediately blood and water flowed. He who saw this has testified his testimony is true, and he knows that he tells the truth, so that you also may believe. This was to fulfill the Scripture that says: << It will be broken any bone >>. And another passage of scripture says: << You see the pierced themselves >>.

After this Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate for permission to remove the body of Jesus. Pilate granted it, and he went to remove it.

It was also Nicodemus, the same who had first come to him by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, weighing about thirty kilos. Then they took the body of Jesus and bound with bandages, adding fragrance mix, according to the custom of burying with the Jews.

In the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in it, a new tomb in which no one had yet been buried. As for the Jews was the day of Preparation, and the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.

Word of the Lord.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada

Todos tus comentarios son bienvenidos, las opiniones más divergentes expuestas con respeto siempre pueden encontrar un común enriquecimiento.